Keys to the Streets does not currently have the funding it needs to roll out onto Vancouver's streets again in 2015.
But you can help us change that.
If just 200 people gave $100 each (or 400 gave $50 each, or 800 gave $25), we could quickly raise the $20,000 we need to revive this inspiring and beautiful project.
That supports two part-time coordinators, and covers the modest hard costs associated with the project.
We currently have the amount raised here + an additional $3800 in cheques - totalling almost 1/2 our goal!! Yes!
There are lots of ways to help bring the pianos back to our streets:
* Donate towards our $20,000 goal.
* Share the campaign with other friends who might be able to help.
* Enjoy the pianos when they're on the streets again: snap pictures and videos of what you're playing or listening to, tweet them to #keys2thestreets, and become part of the community of Keys fans!
* Follow us and check out incredible videos and photos at #keys2streets and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/keystothestreets.
For a detailed report on Keys to the Streets in 2014 please see:
Check out what the media said about Keys to the Streets in 2014:
• Aaron Tilston-Redican: SFU Semester in Dialogue Ambassador / Research Assistant at CityStudio.
• Becky Till: Community Arts Programmer at the City of Vancouver / Outdoor Learning Project Coordinator at CityStudio.
Both Aaron and Becky are also alumni of the CityStudio program where Keys to the Streets began as a student-driven project. They are also both mega music lovers and have been witness to the joy this project brings people and want to make sure it continues.
• Lena Soots: CityStudio Manager
• Duane Elverum: CityStudio Co-Founder
• Michelle Hoar: Fundraising Volunteer
• Dave Gowans: Red Cat Records (event host)