Mission of the Society
The Pacific Foundation for Understanding Nature Society (Pac FUNS) was established in November of 1994. The mandate of Pac FUNS is to facilitate fund-raising partnerships and develop direct fund-raising initiatives to:
• support local and international involvement in environmental and cultural educational programmes
• assist in funding for facility building projects and programme development in environmental and cultural education
• to work in partnership with Cheakamus Foundation for Environmental Learning to facilitate capital improvement at the Outdoor School to enhance its programs in experiential environmental and cultural education
By completing projects related to the main purposes of the society Pac FUNS intends to enhance the capacity for experiential learning in both environmental and cultural programming in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest.
Specific work of the Pac FUNS includes:
• Continued support of leadership initiatives for youth and young leaders such as internships & conference/seminar sponsors
• Continued support, engagement in community sustainable, environmental learning
• Continued support of experiential education events/prgs in nature
• Continued engagement in conferences, seminars with environmental learning
• Continued support of EE of BC (Walking the Talk), NVOSAS Alumni Society
|Description||% of emphasis|
|Nature conservation groups||10|
*% of emphasis is reported by the charity and does not necessarily reflect money spent.